Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome !

Hello !
You are on the Study Visit blog ! I hope you would like it and you would write on it : it's your blog !
Do not hesitate to write some words about you and join a photography !
It would be nice also if you had suggestions and ideas about the visit and told us your interests and needs.
Thanks !

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the invitation.
    Konni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bernadette thank you for your invitation.

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bernadette, I´m a Headteacher of a primary school in Germany / Saxony. I´m interested in visiting a primary school in France. I´m focussed on languages learning at primary level. In Saxony we start teaching a foreign language (mostly English)at grade three. Pupils are aged 8 to 9. Languages learning at this level is focussed on developing listening and speaking comprehension. Writing and speaking have a supporting part.
    I would like to get some ideas about teaching foreing languages at primary level in other countries.
    Also I would like to get some ideas about the expectations of the other participants in the study visit.
    Konni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, Konni ! You are the first !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everbody.I am a Primary school teacher in Konya (the largest city and the fifth city that has the most population) in Turkey. I am very excited to be one of the contributors to this
    study visit and This will be the first time for me to be abroad and I will
    meet very splendid educators there.I would like to visit a primary school in order to
    see the education ways of language teaching to young learners.
    Computers have come to play a role in nearly every aspect of our
    daily lives, certainly including education.How computer technology can be integrated into the classroom for language teaching.
    That's why I would like to observe a computer based language teaching classroom(if possible)
    Loves.
    Mehmet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everybody!
    My line of work refers to in-service teacher training, a very important issue for successful teaching and improvement in the standard of education. Job responsibilities include providing professional and advisory support to teachers of English and German as foreign languages; organizing a wide range of both primary and secondary teacher training courses (seminars and workshops); monitoring county coordinators of teacher training; supervising internship-teaching candidates and organizing state exams; school inspection; cooperation with Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sport, agencies and the National Centre for External Evaluation of Education related to the development of the educational system, curriculum and the state graduation exams. My main area of interest is the role of teachers, teaching philosophy and transformation of EFL teaching methodology.
    In Croatia FLT becomes compulsoray at the age of 6/7, i.e. in the first grade of primary school. The lack of qualified teachers for early FL programmes seems to be a great problem in schools. Both pre-service and in-service FL teacher training programmes have traditionally overlooked the teaching of young learners. I would like to share ideas on what should be done in order to improve FL teaching in primary schools? What is the role of teacher training institutes? What are other professional development opportunities?
    I believe that (besides visting schools and meeting FL teachers/headmasters) a visit to institutes or departments that run pre- and in-service teacher training programs for foreign language teachers would provide a valuable insight into teacher education and teacher’s professional development. I am interested to what extent are teaching candidates as well as experienced teachers required to receive training on teaching skills and methods, use of information and communication technology, and subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello all

    I am Thomas Johnson, principal of Kolbeinsvik school in the island municipality of Austevoll, a half hour off the coast from Bergen Norway.
    Kolbeinsvik skule is a Comenius school with partners in UK, Germany and Italy this year... the WOW-project.

    We use an integrated learning platform, "IT's Learning", with all our pupils from grade 1 to 12. The school also actively uses a joint system of websites, "Min skule" where administration, teachers and pupils can work directly on the school homepage.

    The WOW project uses eTwinning. Communication in the project is in English. We have a project 'webspace' to post files, share pictures, blogg and chat.

    I have added the link to our 6th grade class to illustrate how we use ICT in English teaching. In the menu on the left - Click on "Engelsk gloser" to bring up the vocabulary for the week.
    "English gramatikk" is self explanitory.
    We have made these ourselves.
    "Stairs - oppgåver" is the website linked to our textbook.
    http://www.minskole.no/minskole/kolbeinsvik/pilot.nsf/vArt?Opennavigator&kt=6.&k=steg

    You are also invited to view the rest of our school homepage to get an idea of our focus on outdoor education.

    tom

    ReplyDelete